Changing the Look of Your Facebook Page
First, let's take a look at a few ways to change your the look of your new Facebook home page.
1) The following article from InsideFacebook.com offers some tips on how to customise your facebook page. These include;
- Hiding Friends you don't want to see
- Grouping friends into Friend List
- Change your default home page filter
Read the entire article here: 3 Tips for Customizing the New Facebook Home Page
2) And for those who want to return to the old look, Steve provides a summary of how to change it.
Sometimes we forget the whole point about using Firefox is that, with extensions, we can customise the surfing experience. The new Facebook 'design' is a good example; you can be sure that if others don't like it there will be an add-on to fix it.
Facebook Purity and Facebook Fixer can both be used to fix design issues with the new Facebook. Both are Greasemonkey scripts, so you'll need to install this first. But you'll be able to:
* hide annoying friends and their quiz obsessions
* hide the annoying 'Highlights' column
* and much more.
Advantages of the New Facebook Page
One of the strengths of the new Facebook setup is that it offers more power to those who have set up a Business Page.
From here on out, whenever you post to your Business Page, a feed will appear in the 'News Feed' of all of your Fans (unless they decide to 'Hide' it).
So use this opportunity to your advantage - give your Fans some brief, relevant information about your business - current specials, upcoming events, etc. They will see your information right in their Feed, giving you great access to you customers. Keep it brief & interesting - don't give them a reason to click the 'Hide' button!