Here are the top consumer trends in searching for travel from Jane Butler, Google’s industry director for travel.
- Research intensity has been increasing steadily. Travelers are consuming more content online before booking a trip.
- Google has seen a 15 percent increase in site visits and 30 percent increase in search clicks prior to booking
- Over half of business and personal travelers interact with online travel videos in all stages of their travel planning.
- Consumers are booking their trips online closer to the travel date.
- Travelers are searching more for local, point-of-interest-based information around a destination while planning for and during a trip.