Our e-marketing seminars emphasise the need to make sure basic criteria are followed when you start to using e-mail for marketing in a serious way. The points you need to check are
- •Do you have a strong signature, including your URL?
- •Meaningful identity (‘From:’)?
- •Professional address?
- •Timely response?
- •Think before you reply!
- •Is your system date correct?
- Don't dilute the message with poor visuals
- •Hide multiple recipients
Regarding the last point, no-one wants to have to scroll through a long list of other recipients (besides, it might make people feel special if they think the e-mail's just to them!).
If you're e-mailing to anything more than just a couple of people, send the e-mail to yourself (or one address), but BCC to the multiple e-mail addresses.